Our practice hosts the following services and clinics:
Antenatal & Postnatal Clinics
- Additional InformationThe Wilberforce Surgery offers antenatal and postnatal clinics. Please ask at reception for an appointment.
- Additional InformationComprehensive confidential advice is available during normal surgery times. Prescriptions for oral contraceptives (the pill) can only be given on attendance with Nurse/GP.
Cervical Smears Tests
- Additional InformationWe prefer to do these ourselves, The Practice Nurse can carry them out. Please inform the Receptionist when you are making your appointment that you will be having a smear test. We will follow the local policy that recommends a repeat smear every three years, unless the cytologist recommends repeating the smear more often, or if you have had a hysterectomy.
This practice uses Liquid Based Cytology. For more information please speak to the nurse or GP.
Also available to be done at Conifer House (4th Floor, Wilberforce Health Centre)
Vaccinations & Immunisations
- Held byPractice Nurse
- Additional InformationChildren - Vaccinations take place on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesdays.
Adults - Routine vaccinations and travel immunisations are carried out by appointment with the Nurse.
Are you up to date with your tetanus and polio?
- Additional InformationIn accordance with the Department of Health guidelines, we recommend an influenza vaccination for patients with chronic heart, lung or kidney disease, diabetes, low immunity, those in residential homes, any one of 65 years of age and any carers.
Please contact the surgery in September/October for details of the vaccination dates, an appointment will then be made or an alternative arranged.
Child Health Surveillance
- Additional InformationWith the Doctor: Six Weeks Check.
Childhood vaccinations starting 8 weeks booked with Practice Nurse.
For child Health Surveillance clinic appointments, please see the receptionist.
These appointments are long appointments, usually up to half an hour. Therefore it is essential that you should let us know if you are unable to attend.
We think it is important to find any problems there may be with a child’s health as early as possible.
Well Man & Well Woman Clinics
- Additional InformationThe surgery has a well person clinic if you wish to attend, please book an appointment with the Practice Nurse.
To attend one of these clinics please ring our reception on 01482 344265.